By Kamela Easlic
The month of May provides many reasons to get out and enjoy the spring weather. The cold, snowy threats of winter and early spring are just a memory. I encourage you to find your way to the center often to learn, volunteer, make new friends and energize! Celebrate LIFE!
Here are just a few of the great opportunities awaiting you at the Clinchfield Senior Adult Center (CSAC):
• Thursdays in May at 12:30 p.m. There is still time to participate in the Living Well with Chronic Conditions class. If you suffer from diabetes, arthritis, COPD, high blood pressure, glaucoma, congestive heart failure etc, this class is for you!
• On Tuesday, May 10 at 6 p.m., the Diabetes Academy continues. Jessica Leu, diabetes educator with Novo Nordisk will present education and information to help you better understand diabetes and better manage the disease. There is no cost for this class. Snacks will be served.
• Friday, May 13, from 9 a.m. to noon. If you are a Crestpoint health plan participant and need help finding a new plan, sign up for an enrollment event at the center on Call for an appointment.
• Also on Friday, May 13, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., dance the night away to the sounds of Curt Mathson. Enjoy 1950s, 1960s and Country music and socializing with friends. Bring a snack to share and the drinks will be provided by the center.
• Thursday, May 19, at 6 p.m. The 3rd Annual CSAC Fashion Show and Reception will showcase mature ladies who celebrate life and individual style. Join us in support of the models and enjoy a reception afterwards.
• Tuesday, May 24, at 8 a.m., Unicoi County Memorial Hospital (UCMH) will provide fasting blood work including a comprehensive panel for $35, PSA for $17, and both panels for $47. Pay directly to UCMH on the day of the labs.
• Thursday, May 26, 8:30 a.m., join us for a Ladies Mystery Day Outing. The cost is $7 for transportation. Bring money for lunch and shopping.
If you would like to receive the newsletter monthly or for additional information, call the senior center at 743-5111 or visit the center at 220 Union Street. Hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.