From Staff Reports
Milligan College is pulling together local journalists and the college’s faculty to discuss the role news media play in society at a free and public event on Tuesday, April 11, at 7:30 p.m. in Milligan’s Hyder Auditorium located in the Science Building.
The event titled “Living with Today’s News Media: The Truth, The Whole Truth and Something Like the Truth” will include these panelists:
- Josh Smith, evening news anchor, WJHL
- Becky Campbell, senior reporter, deputy news editor, Johnson City Press
- Dr. Amy Edmonds, assistant professor of political science
- Dr. Phil Kenneson, professor of theology and philosophy
- Jim Dahlman, professor of communications and journalism, moderator
“The last few years have brought about many changes for the news media: the Internet, social media, punditry, economic pressures, as well as the large-scale skepticism about facts,” said Dahlman. “Our panelists will discuss these topics and more, as well as address how we can be discerning as citizens, as consumers and as Christians.”
The event will be followed by a Q&A. Learn more about Milligan arts events at www.milligan.edu/arts.